Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Hey People, Well, I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. I know I did. School went well but what I was looking forwards to was the volleyball match. The red team (mine) played Holmen. A little bit of their background, 64 girls (half of the Sparta Girls Volleyball Team), they’ve been practicing since 2 weeks before school, and most of them have been playing on a team since they were 3rd or 4th grade. Now us we have 34 girls in all but on the red team 18 (and we're supposed to be the big team), we’ve just had 5 practices, and none except 2 girls have played on a team before. So with that in mind I think that we did very well! The red team is divided into 3 groups of 6 girls so we play 1 match that is 2 games. I played in the last match. The first match we didn't do well at all. The girls playing weren't doing to well (nervous) they weren’t moving to the ball, they weren't talking, but they were getting serves over. The next match was a little bit better; they were moving and serving pretty well. But still they weren't talking. Then I played with the other 5 that were supposed to play. We did (I think really good!) We talked, moved to the ball, and served well! I wasn't nervous as I thought I would be. I think I served well and hit the ball. Each time I started serving. The first game we won and then the second game we lost by 4 points. Then we had to go watch the eighth grade girl’s play and they played well the game that we saw they won 25-19. Then we came home. Tesha had a meet yesterday for cross-country and she did really well! Well, I'll write later. Chloe

2 Comments:
I think sports provide some moments to really test yourself, to find yourself in a situation that no other arena can provide. Winning and losing doesn't really matter much in the long run. Pushing yourself to those boundaries is how you find out who you are.
I hope you hade fun at your game. Cause that is what sports are all about. To have fun.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home