Hello everyone,
A couple things have happened to me recently. The most exciting thing is that I pretty much adopted a horse, Jubilee. Since I have been helping my friend Betsy on her farm she asked me if I wanted to work with a horse. I was able to choose between two horses, “the bone heads.” They’re sister (Berry) and brother (Jubilee). Berry rides better English but Jubilee rides better western. I don’t like English riding so I decided I’d work with Jubilee. The one thing about him is that he shies a lot. So I’m trying to work him through it slowly.
Just the other day I was just walking him. He’s a little afraid of shadows and doesn’t like cars. The thing that really gets him is loud noises and fast movements by his feet. We had Will, a 5 year old, and Patrick, a 6 year old, and they were playing which includes high-pitched screaming and running around. Needless to say, Jubilee jumped back. When he shies he normally doesn’t rear or buck which is good but when you’re riding him you’d have to be on your toes since he jerks and jumps. I was pretty happy with my reaction, saying I haven’t been working with horses in a long time. I got him calmed down quickly.
Also for 4-H I’m doing the dog project, Sal and I traded dogs yesterday, so now instead of working with AJ I’m working with Kendal. She’s a big dog, a rottweiler, lab, and something else we haven’t figured out. She’s so pretty, black, brown, and white. I remember when we picked her out. My dad and I were with the Kaftan’s at a small animal auction in Kendall. There were little puppies for free and Hattie, Sal, and I were begging to bring her home. She was so tiny then. I picked her name after where we got her and my friend Kendal who moved back to Alaska. We also came back with a goat J.
Well, anyways, Hope everyone had a good weekend.
I really didn’t, my mom seemed mad at me. And wouldn’t let me do anything. But anyways.
Have a good week,
Chloe
Monday, March 19, 2007
My blog is about my thoughts, on books that I'm reading, my day, and anything else that I want to talk about.
Contributors
Previous Posts
- Memoirs of a GeishaA literary sensation and runawa...
- The latest book I finished. Very good! It's the ...
- A couple of the other books I’ve been reading are…...
- I’m reading this awesome series, Alex Rider adven...
- My weekend was actually really fun! On Friday I w...
- Oh, fun times! : ) Jalapeno eating contest… Te...
- Good morning everyone.Last night my “grandmamma” B...
- Hello everyone. Haven’t posted in awhile so lets ...
- My gosh, people not knowing what Eragon is. Ricky ...
- So here’s my long awaited post.I’ll first tell you...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

2 Comments:
maybe oyu should try and make it up to your mom! Spend some mother daughter quality time I know it sounds like it would suck but actually it is kind of fun. Maybe she is sad that you are always with Jason and never the family or you are with us but mostly Jason! You should think about you don't have to just think! I really am glad you are happy with the horse thing sounds like fun!
I went on a hour walk with her last night. And it's not like I never spend time with the family because I spend a lot of time with them.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home