Monday, February 19, 2007

My weekend was actually really fun! On Friday I woke up at 6:45. I’m thinking I’d be able to sleep in a little but nope, I had to get up and go. I really didn’t mind after the first hour or so being awake. Especially since it meant I’d be going downhill skiing!!!! I went with Anna (the Moorhead’s) to Welch Village (about 30 minutes from St. Paul). I was there two years ago with them but we haven’t skied since so it took us a little to warm up again. There’s this run, Anna’s Alley. We went down it a lot since it’s “named after” Anna. We also went down a black diamond. That is for those who don’t know the hardest level. It was fun. I’ve been down one two years ago when I went with my dad but I haven’t since then. I’d have to say that my favorite run was Triple R (medium) to catwalk (easy) to fowl play (hard medium). Which none of those names mean a thing to you. But we skied from 11 to 4. That picture is of Anna and I in front of the freestyle those are the jumps and railings. I didn’t go down them but it was fun to watch people.

After skiing we went to Anna’s mom’s friend from college’s house. We went to a bead shop and then went back to their house, had dinner, then Anna, their daughter, and I played playstation. I beat them easily. J But that’s only because neither of them knew what they were doing.

Then we went to the hotel. There was a pool but we were pretty worn out and it wasn’t hot or anything so we just played Phase 10. Which I won. He he.

The next morning we went to Anna’s grandparents house, there they talked about Anna and her grandmothers trip to Paris and France. I’m so jealous of her but I’m happy for her too. Then we went to Red Lobster to meet her aunt and uncle. I really like her uncle; he’s very outspoken and funny. They’ve traveled everywhere so they’re very interesting too. We went back to her grandparents then left to Barnes and Nobles to look for travel books for Anna. Then we drove home. We slept. I got home to find an empty house because my Uncle, Mom, Dad, and sister went to Mount La Crosse. So I watched the Girdiron Gang. That’s a really sad movie but actually really good.

Sunday was the regular Sunday, church, lunch at grandma’s, but then Jason, my uncle, and I went to go to the YMCA in La Crosse. That was fun. While we were coming home I got a call from my mom. She told me that I had a 4-H Dog Project to go to. So I went, I was glad I did, I’m working with AJ (named after Andy’s dad) a corgie. Really cute! Hattie is working with Snickers, his brother. I’m planning on showing him at the fair. Let’s see how that goes.

But anyways that’s my weekend. What did you do? Anything fun?

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger Ali(solation) said...

That sounds really fun. I have skies but have never gone skiing (don't know how to spell that). I should go with you some time. Any way my mom cross country skies but I have no clue how so we will see what I do next winter. I haven't been to Red Lobster in a long time. Well I am glad you had a fun time. I will talk to you later.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home