Attention: Adam and Ricky don’t read because it’s about reading and books.
Just recently I was doing my normal addictive search, looking for book reviews, book news, and book clubs. I came across a bulletin on one of my normal sites, Banned Book Week! That caught my attention and I clicked on the link, I found a list of Banned Books and the reason. I found it pretty interesting.
Some of the books that are banned that really surprise me:
Black Beauty is banned in South Africa because of the word “Black” in the title. (This is a great book seems like a stupid reason to ban it.)
Call of the Wild is banned in Yugoslavia, Italy, and burned in Nazi bonfires. (Okay?)
Catcher and the Rye is banned in public libraries and schools because of sexual situations and immorality. (and there aren’t worse books out there?)
The Kincora Scandal is banned in UK for alleging British cover up over Satanic Abuse. (Don’t people have a right to know the truth?)
The Lorax is banned in parts of the US for being an allegorical political commentary. (Are you kidding me! It’s a children’s book)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower banned by certain school districts for depictions of adolescent sexuality and drug use. (I’ve heard great review and great review about this book.)
Speak banned in many middle schools and high schools because of the rape of the protagonist, Melinda Sordino and some mention of self-harm. (What?! These are big issues and this book is written really well.)
What my Mother Doesn't Know banned in some school libraries for use of sexual content. (Written by a popular author, and it really isn’t horrible!)
Friday, September 28, 2007
My blog is about my thoughts, on books that I'm reading, my day, and anything else that I want to talk about.
Contributors
Previous Posts
- One of my favorite projects that I have. Basicall...
- Well this weekend was really fun! Friday my mom wo...
- Second post of the year, in the third week of scho...
- Good morning everyone,I am so glad to be back at s...
- Yes! Finally, all done with Musical Theater, I me...
- Whoo hoo! Well, I had a great weekend! I got to ...
- Hello everyone,A couple things have happened to me...
- Memoirs of a GeishaA literary sensation and runawa...
- The latest book I finished. Very good! It's the ...
- A couple of the other books I’ve been reading are…...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

2 Comments:
They are banning books but not movies, or music that have to do the same thing. If they are banning books why aren't they banning movies or music that deal with the same thing. Mean music and movies have more influence then books most of the time anyway.
sexual content!!! Bad Chloe.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home