One present I got from my mom for christmas was the book, A Maze Me. It's a book of poems. It's really intresting because the way she (Naomi Shihab Nye) writes is she writes 3 lines a day about anything and sooner than later you have a poem. A couple poems that I really like are:
Feeling Wise
A lady was quoted in the newspaper.
"It's not hard to feel wise.
Just think of something dumb you could say,
then don't."
I like her.
I would take her gingerbread
If I knew where her house was.
Julia Child the famous chef said,
"I never feel lonely in the kitchen.
Food is very friendly.
Just look at a potatoe, I like
to pat it.
Staring down
makes you feel tall.
Staring in someone else's eyes
makes you feel not alone.
Staring out the window at school,
you become the future,
smooth and large.
I like that poem. It's different.
Making a Mosaic
Some people begin at the center.
others at the outer edge,
pressing down chips
of lovely broken plates and cups.
Is this the story of days?
Arranged, glued down,
without much space between.
Here is the blue flowery fragment
from dinnerware
on a ship
that sank in 1780.
The antique green plate
Lousie gave me
when I finished fifth grade.
Side by side,
a nice time, a terrible time.
It's a messy job,
glue stuck to the fingertips.
You keep standing back
to see a pattern
emerge.
Well, that's a couple of my favorite poems from this book. Have a great day!
Thursday, January 12, 2006
My blog is about my thoughts, on books that I'm reading, my day, and anything else that I want to talk about.
Contributors
Previous Posts
- Hi everyone. I think everyone knows by know that ...
- Hi everyone! How is everybody doing today? I'm d...
- Hey Hey Hey, How's everyone doing? I'm doing we...
- Hey everyone! It's alittle bit wet and slippery o...
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! I hope that ...
- Hi everyone, I hope everyone's day is going well. ...
- I'm sorry that I haven't posted for a while. Noth...
- Hello everyone, I hope your having a better day t...
- Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! ...
- Howdy, how was everyone's day? Mine was okay. I st...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

1 Comments:
Those are nice. I am going to have to find that book and read it. It sounds really good.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home