So with the meeting last night with the Mexico group we drew up a rough draft of what we are planning on doing. So here’s what we have…
23rd and 24th: We leave for Minneapolis after school. We’ll be arriving early in the morning since my mom’s plan leaves at 5:00 am on the 24th. Then my dad and sister’s plane will be leaving at 6:00 am. My plane will be leaving around 9:30am. There’s a stop over at Dallas, Texas around 11:45. Then another one at Mexico City around 4:10. We’ll be leaving there about 6:00, arriving at Oaxaca at 7:00. We’ll be checking into our hotel, Santa Clara.
25th: is pretty much an “orientation” day. Doing some touring, getting as used to the big city of Oaxaca as possible. We’ll be reserving a van for our travel to the villages later in the week.
26th: Is our service day. We’ll be working with the group that helps kids that live on the streets. I’ll also be visiting a school. I’m so excited, it will be so great knowing I’m brightening someone’s day.
27th: We’ll be touring, going to the market, and walking 8 hours to a VERY old tree. I believe it’s about 2000 years old or so.
28th: We’ll be traveling to the villages. It’s a 5 hour drive on a bus. Whoo hoo. One of the days we’ll be walking about 10 miles or more to a Ranch.
29th: We’ll be working in the villages. It will be difficult due to the residents don’t speak much Spanish either, they speak their native language.
30th: There’s a clinic that I’ll hopefully be working in, that’s in Tlaxico.
31st: We’ll be holding a Mass, I believe.
1st: We’ll be traveling to Oaxaca 5 hours. Remember the Day of the Dead celebration is going one while I’m down there. They start building alters around the 28th. The 31st is the celebration of the children who have died. Supposively the 2nd is the biggest celebration. That’s the day they spend the night in the cemetery.
2nd: We’re traveling home. If all goes well I’ll be leaving at 8:25 am and arriving at Minneapolis around 10:05.
I’m really excited for this trip. Through donations and fundraising we have about 2000 dollars to spend down there. Most of it will be going towards the children on the street. If you have any questions of anything just come find me.
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
My blog is about my thoughts, on books that I'm reading, my day, and anything else that I want to talk about.
Contributors
Previous Posts
- A few pictures from a long car ride with my favori...
- So I’m going down to Mexico in 23 days as part as ...
- Attention: Adam and Ricky don’t read because it’s ...
- One of my favorite projects that I have. Basicall...
- Well this weekend was really fun! Friday my mom wo...
- Second post of the year, in the third week of scho...
- Good morning everyone,I am so glad to be back at s...
- Yes! Finally, all done with Musical Theater, I me...
- Whoo hoo! Well, I had a great weekend! I got to ...
- Hello everyone,A couple things have happened to me...
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

1 Comments:
Wow you will be walking a lot and doing a lot too. Have fun.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home