Tuesday, November 20, 2007

GRRR.....
Haylee sent me this link last night, and all I can say is what?! I would not be able to stand living in a country that I wouldn't have any civic rights.
The woman -- who was initially sentenced in October 2006 to 90 lashes -- had her sentenced increased to 200 lashes and was ordered to serve six months in prison under Saudi Arabia's strict Islamic law. - Just for speaking out against getting gang raped! Is that fair at all? I don't think so!
Then the lawyer that's representing the 19 year old got his license revoked.
Read more here...
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/11/19/saudi.rape.victim/index.html

1 Comments:

At 10:50 AM , Blogger Ali(solation) said...

I read the whole thing. That just makes me want to freak out on all of those people. The law is stupid. The judge is stupid. Everyone in that is except the lawyer. He didn't do anything. And of course the victim. But having that group of people kidnap the innocent man and women then sentensing the women because she did something against the stupid law after being gang raped. Not to mention the group of guy's that didn't get sentensed to death. i can't even talk about this subject anymore. I get really worked up and agitated.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home